(916) 870-1854

Framing and Rough Carpentry Contractor


Allows a contractor to perform any form work, framing, or rough carpentry


framing and rough carpentry contractors license allows a contractor to perform any form work, framing or rough carpentry necessary to construct framed structures; install or repair individual components of framing systems and perform any rough carpentry or associated work, including but not limited to the construction or installation of: sub-flooring, siding, exterior staircases and railings, overhead doors, roof decking, truss members, and sheathing.

Before you can apply for your framing contractors license, you must meet the following experience requirements:

  • 4 years of experience performing/supervising framing (C-5) work.
  • Social Security number or ITIN
  • Be at least 18 years old*

Don’t have 4 years of framing experience?
A college degree can be substituted for up to three years of that experience.

The State will accept self-employed experience.

In order to obtain your framing contractors license, you are required to pass the Trade examination as well as the Law & Business exam.

*Even though you can apply for framing contractors license when you are 18 years old, it is recommended that you be at least 23 years old due to experience requirement.

Be the first to comment on "Framing and Rough Carpentry Contractor"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.