(916) 870-1854

Painting and Decorating Contractor


Prepare surface by scraping, sandblasting or other means


painting & decorating contractor license will allow a contractor to prepare surface by scraping, sandblasting or other means and apply any of the following: paints, papers, textures, fabrics, pigments, oils, turpentines, japans, driers, thinners, varnishes, shellacs, stains, fillers, waxes, adhesives, water and any other vehicles, mediums and materials which adhere by evaporation and may be mixed, used and applied to the surfaces of structures and the appurtenances thereto for purposes of decorating, protecting, fireproofing and waterproofing.

Before you can apply for your painting & decorating contractors license, you must meet the following experience requirements:
  • 4 years of experience performing/supervising painting & decorating (C-33) work.
  • Social Security number or ITIN
  • Be at least 18 years old*

Don’t have 4 years of painting & decorating experience?
A college degree can be substituted for up to three years of that experience.

The State will accept self-employed experience.

In order to obtain your painting & decorating contractors license, you are required to pass the Trade examination as well as the Law & Business exam.

*Even though you can apply for a painting & decorating contractors license when you are 18 years old, it is recommended that you be at least 23 years old due to the experience requirement.

Be the first to comment on "Painting and Decorating Contractor"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.