(916) 870-1854

Warm-Air Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning Contractor


Able to fabricate, install, maintain, service, and repair warm-air heating systems


With an HVAC contractors license (warm-air heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning), you will be able to fabricate, install, maintain, service, and repair warm-air heating systems and water heating heat pumps, complete with warm-air appliances; ventilating systems complete with blowers and plenum chambers; air-conditioning systems complete with the air-conditioning unit; and the ducts, registers, flues, humidity and thermostatic controls and air filters in connection with any of these systems.

The HVAC classification includes warm-air heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems that utilize solar energy.


Before you can apply for your HVAC contractors license, you must meet the following experience requirements:

  • 4 years of experience performing/supervising HVAC (C-20) work.
  • Social Security number or ITIN
  • Be at least 18 years old*


Don’t have 4 years of HVAC experience?
A college degree can be substituted for up to three years of that experience.

The State will accept self-employed experience.

In order to obtain your HVAC contractors license, you are required to pass the Trade examination as well as the Law & Business exam.


*Even though you can apply for an HVAC contractors license when you are 18 years old, it is recommended that you be at least 23 years old due to the experience requirement.


Be the first to comment on "Warm-Air Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning Contractor"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.